How do you clean a vape coil?
While replaceable coils are available, you may want to clean your vape coil to extend its life. The best way to clean a vape coil is as follows:
- Let your coil soak in vinegar or ethanol for two to three hours
- Place your coil under running tap water and rinse thoroughly
- Rinse again with distilled water
- Blow air on the coil to force out any remaining water
- Dry your coil with a soft cotton cloth or paper towel
- Set your coil aside until all water has evaporated
To speed up the process, place your coil in the sun or in close proximity to a heater.
After you clean a vape coil, it will appear to be in much better condition. However, the real test is when you use your device. Even after you clean a vape coil, you may find that it’s best to replace it to achieve the intended performance.