Top Tips for Cleaning Your Vape
- Mar 07, 2019
- 0 Comment(s)
There’s nothing more exciting than buying a new vape device. It doesn’t matter if it’s your first one or you have several in your collection, it’s sure to put a smile on your face.
When you first lay eyes on your device, you like everything you see. It’s new, it’s shiny, and it’s ready to use.
However, over the course of a few months, something happens: your vape begins to dirty, leaving it a bit less appealing than it once was.
Rather than throw your vape device in the trash and buy a new one, there’s a better answer: give it a thorough cleaning so that it looks as good as new (and functions like it, too).
How to Clean Your Vape
While there’s no exact science to cleaning your vape, there are some basic steps you can take to achieve the desired result.
To start, you need to understand the components of your vape. For example, the popular pen-style vaporizer is made up of the following:
All three components are necessary in order for your vape to work as intended, so you must carefully maintain each one.
The Cleaning Process
On the plus side, you never have to clean the battery. You may have to change it every so often, but it doesn’t require regular maintenance.
Moving onto the vape tank, here’s how to conduct a simple cleaning:
- Remove the tank from the device
- Remove any e-liquid from the tank
- Disassemble the tank
- Fill a shallow bowl with warm (not hot) water
- Place all tank components into the bowl
- Gently scrub each part until clean
- Dry each component with a cotton towel or paper towel
- Let the parts dry for 15 to 20 minutes
- Reassemble the tank
Note: for extremely dirty vape tanks, add a drop of dish soap to your water.
Vape coils also require a good cleaning every so often. While this can prolong the life of a coil, remember this: even regular maintenance can’t save your coil from eventually needing replaced.
Here are some tips for cleaning the coil:
- Soak the coil in vinegar or ethanol for one to two hours
- Remove the coil and rinse in warm water
- Blow air through the coil to force out any water
- Set the coil on a towel and wait for it to completely dry
- Reattach the coil to the rest of the device
Along with the above, there are a few other things you can do to extend the life of your vape:
- Store your vape in a safe place where it won’t be exposed to anything that can cause damage
- Maintain the proper level of e-liquid (you should never let your tank run dry)
- Don’t expose your e-liquid to extreme cold or heat
It doesn’t matter what type of e-juice you enjoy or how often you use your vape, these cleaning tips are sure to come in handy!